Cheat River Review Submission Guidelines
Cheat River Review reads original, previously unpublished nonfiction, fiction, flash, and poetry.
All Submissions Should Include:
- 1-inch margins.
- The page number, author's last name, and/or the submission's title as a header on the top right of every page.
- Should be a .doc or .docx
Please include include a cover letter with a short third person bio.
For Flash Fiction / Nonfiction / :
- The piece's word count at the top right of the first page.
- A centered title:
- Double spaced text.
- Please conform to Standard Manuscript Formatting.
For Poetry Only:
- All poems and titles should be aligned to the left unless there is an intentional choice on the part of the author.
- Each poem should be on a new page.
Below you will find the new submission windows:
Fall issue: August 2 - October 1
Spring issue: December 1 - Feb 28
*We currently accept FLASH FICTION, but not longer works of fiction.
We look forward to reading your work.
For art, acceptable file formats are jpg, pdf, png, tif. Upload a low-res version of your image(s), or provide a link to a specific piece (or pieces) of art. Please limit your file size to 2 megabytes or smaller. We will ask for the full-res file if your artwork is accepted. Our cover size is 6 x 8.25 inches, on screen at 576 x 795 px.
We are also looking for art to pair with writing.