Cheat River Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Cheat River Review Submission Guidelines
Cheat River Review is an online literary magazine dedicated to showcasing the talents of emerging and established writers. As a biannual literary review, CRR considers previously unpublished flash fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and visual art.
Our optional Fall 2020 theme is Appalachia. Interpret this as you wish. Feel free to use it as a jumping off point, as a setting, or however you see fit. We encourage you submit work that follows this theme, but pieces that do not follow the theme will still be considered.
Submissions will be accepted from August 31 through November 5th.
- We welcome simultaneous submissions, but we ask that you acknowledge simultaneous submissions in your cover letter and notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We do not accept multiple submissions at a time. Once we have made a decision regarding your submission, you are welcome to submit again.
- Submitted work must be previously unpublished. Cheat River Review will take first North American Serial Rights, and rights will revert back to the author upon publication. We ask that you credit us if it is published again elsewhere.
- Your cover letter should mention previous publications if you have them. It should also include a brief, third person bio.
- Submissions should be in doc, docx, or pdf format.
- Please submit your piece in 12 point Times New Roman (or another similar, easy to read font). Be sure to include page numbers on your piece.